The decision between hiring a contract manufacturer or leaving the production up to your company may seem daunting. There are many factors to consider. Do you have the resources? The skills? The tools? Do you have a compliant manufacturing quality system? Leaving these tasks up to your company may be too much to handle. That’s why choosing a contract manufacturer may be the best decision for developing your medical devices. Here are some reasons why.
- Companies do not have to expend capital on facilities and systems.
- Money can be saved on labor costs such as wages, training and benefits
- Contract manufacturers may offer cost advantages such as in acquiring raw materials
- Contract manufacturers utilize professionals experienced in design and development of all manufacturing processes
- Experts use their knowledge to assist companies in selecting the right materials and tools for the product
- Products are manufactured at a much faster rate
- Companies will focus on their core competencies once they hand the manufacturing of the device over to an outside source
- Time can be saved on training or hiring of extra employees
- Responsibility of project production can be placed on the professionals with years of experience
- Guarantees the manufacturer meets all production standards and regulations for producing medical devices
- ISO 13485 certification establishes a manufacturer’s credibility and commitment to quality
- Emphasizes the cleanliness and safeness in the production area
Still wondering if contract manufacturing is right for you? Contact us and we can further discuss how Wilson-Hurd can help with your medical device!
About Wilson-Hurd: Wilson-Hurd Manufacturing specializes in the production of custom electronic control products, medical contract manufacturing, printed electronics, as well as nameplates & dials, overlays, and panels. Wilson-Hurd was founded in 1904, and is headquartered in Wausau, WI, with additional locations in Berlin, WI.
For more information on Wilson-Hurd and our capabilities, visit our website at www.wilsonhurd.com, and contact us at 1.800.950.5013 or at firstname.lastname@example.org